Monday, May 3, 2010

59 days and counting

 I realized today that it already has been over 3 weeks since I became Miss Gavilan Hills. Although I am excited for July, time is going by way too fast!! I want to savor every moment and make this time pass as slowly as possible! I made my way over to Straw Hat Pizza because they asked me to sign a big picture... and let me tell you, it was BIG! Naturally, food is so much more appetizing when you are not supposed to eat it. But then again, life is too short! I enjoyed every bite of my cheese pizza and I could see the squeals of delight when I told them how delicious the pizza was. "Finally a real girl who eats the good stuff!". As I scribbled my thank you onto the (practically) life size photograph of my face, I was overwhelmed with joy. How fortunate and blessed I am to have so much support around me. Even from people who have no "real" reason to support me or the Miss California Organization- just ones who tell me that I am a reminder that there really are ‘kids’ in my generation that want to make a difference and they want to help. It really is true that the capacity for delight is the gift of paying attention.

After I signed my poster that would soon be hanging front and center of the restaurant I gave hugs and shared stories about what is to come this year at Miss California. As we drove off in the beautiful California summer’s-around-the-corner sunset down the road, I realized that I am not giving enough. I want to tell my sponsors and committee and family and friends how much their support means to me, but I can’t. Words will never be able to express how much I love every minute of this experience and how thankful I am. I constantly try to come up with something fantastic to say, but nothing seems good enough- nothing captures what I am feeling. So in humbleness I meagerly say thank you- you know who you are- thank you for loving me and making me feel like the luckiest girl in the world… in the universe. It is you who pushes me to try to do something good in this world.

Today we moved into “recovery week” for my workout program… there was nothing “recovery” about it. I was almost in tears gasping for air and I hear, “okay you’re almost through with the warm up!” I can barely get up from the couch my quadriceps are so sore, I can barely bend down my glutes are so tight, I don’t want to laugh too hard because my abs burn… translation: I love every minute of it. I leave you with a pondering thought… "The longest journey of any person is the journey inward." -Dag Hammerskjvld
Happy Monday!

Peace and love,
Jenna Michelle
 Blogging after working out!

No comments:

Post a Comment