Sunday, March 14, 2010

St. Baldricks and Kiwanis Festival

My Favorite Alpaca, Sugar...
Hi friends!

I have been quite a busy young lady lately!

It seems that at the "height" of pageant season, there has been a whirlwind of events. This weekend was very busy but filled with wonderful memories. This weekend I had the opportunity to work with the St. Baldrick's Foundation and the Kiwanis at an extraordinary event. I got the chance to meet the Sacramento Kings dancers (that was so unexpected because I had no idea they were going to be there), and also chat with so many local families about why the event was happening, what they could do to help, and also about the Miss America Organization. My Executive Director, Stephanie, had her engagement party with her future husband, Michael, (who we all just adore) at Mary McCaman's party pad (what I'm starting to call it these days), and I got to see so many of my favorite people.
With Some of the Sacramento Kings Dancers

With a young princess

At the St. Baldrick's head shaving event, I helped collect donations that went towards childhood cancer research. After speaking with so many brave families about their experiences, I was honored to have so many amazing stories shared with me. Some of the stories broke my heart, but ultimately, I left that day so energized and full of hope. It makes my heart smile when I see so many people come together to support a genuinely sincere cause. Even watching complete mall passersby-ers stop in and donate money and walk away with a smile was inspiring to know that there are a lot of generous people who do want to help. I wouldn't be shaving my head this round, but as a very wise 3 year old explained to me, I wouldn't be able to wear my crown if I did that!

A group that raised money together- the after shot of their nice buzzed haircuts

In the process of going bald!
This week is filled with practicing (I unfortunately broke 2 of my piano keys practicing so hard) but I look forward to visiting the Miss San Francisco Pageant next weekend and rediscovering that "fire" to push me during my preparations for my upcoming pageant... Which by the way is Saturday April 10th:
Miss Gavilan Hills/ Northern California Regional
7PM at Oak Grove High School in San Jose
285 Blossom Hill Rd
San Jose, CA
The 2010 Miss Silicon Valley/ Miss Bay Area pageant will be held April 11th at 2 PM also at Oak Grove High school.

Some fun pictures from Stephanie and Michael's party:
With the Bride to Be Michael and Stephanie cutting their cake With Stephanie and Laura Johnston
Erin and I shared a slice of cake- it's all about moderation not deprivation :)
I got to catch up with Tony, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment