Monday, June 7, 2010

Mock Interviews and Dresses Galore

Sunday concluded or started my week, depending on if you are a glass half empty or half full kind of person; including mock interviews and fittings for wardrobe selections for non-competition outfits at Mary McCaman’s home. As ususal Mary had a wonderful spread with too much food and too many selections to choose from. Mary, I love you even when you put delicious looking donuts and cookies on the table in front of me before I go try on tight fitting dresses. I happily stocked up on pineapple and watermelon and the delicious Chinese chicken salad… and well, sorry for whoever gasped… “Where did all the pineapple go?”……….. :-D No one ever leaves the McCaman home hungry and if you do it’s your own fault. I was drilled on questions in my mock interview on current events, my platform, my goals, my reasons for involvement in the Miss America Organization and everything in between. I left with a smile on my face for the amount of constructive, yet positive and uplifting, advice I received.

There is one other thing I want to address and then we will be done talking about it. Last week, we lost a 2010 Miss California contestant due to a foot injury. Felicia will not be able to fulfill her duties as Miss Santa Clara 2010 and has stepped down after a heartbreaking foot accident. It is a bittersweet moment because although our hearts go out to Felicia and we are keeping her in our thoughts and prayers, there is a wonderful, sweet, beautiful, and talented young lady honorably stepping up. I had the privilege of getting to know Melissa Bowling earlier this year at a fundraiser for the Miss Santa Clara Auxiliary and then watched her compete at Miss Santa Clara. And all I can tell you is that her sweet personality backstage matches her charming on stage charm, and she is one powerful singer- she will certainly be a contender. She fits in perfectly already. We welcome Melissa to the family, but Felicia will still always be our 2010 sister as well. You should see her Miss America Rhinestoned cast… admittedly, I was slightly jealous. Please keep Felicia in your prayers but welcome Melissa who is working double time to arrive in Fresno surely at her best.

I drove back home to catch my brother, sister, and mom before they all left me to go back to their homes. My brother, sister, and I stopped by my Dad’s House to enjoy our step-mom’s delicious potato salad, and Renee’s usual complete spread of homemade goodies. Unfortunately, we couldn’t stay for Turkey Sliders since everyone had to get ready to take off. Next time… Now that the hurry up and wait of the day has settled down and I have nestled into my comfy bed, I realize there are 25 days today… it’s now starting to feel surreal. Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment