Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Miss California Day 6- Wednesday June 24th

Opening Number: I'm in the 2nd rown, 3rd from the right- Hair-o-graphy and all

Megan, Tricia, and I at Visitation #1


Tonight I had swimsuit… the easiest of all competition! It was such a fun day, mostly rehearsal, but we had SO much time to get ready. Season said we are a “smart” group because we all have our routines down well. So she was in a generous mood and let us out early! I was so thrilled. I took some time to take a nap. Because I am full-blown sick now. I feel so tired and lethargic. I don’t even want to move! My family knows me, though; I rarely get sick, but when I do, I fall HARD!

The words of our opening number:
“There's only two types of people in the world
The ones that entertain, and the ones that observe
Well baby, I'm a put-on-a-show kinda girl
Don't like the backseat
Gotta be first
(Oh..)

I'm like the ringleader, I call the shots (Call the shots)
I'm like a firecracker, I make it hot
When I put on a show...

I feel the adrenaline moving through my veins
Spotlight on me and I'm ready to break
I'm like a performer, the dancefloor is my stage
Better be ready, hope that you feel the same”

This song really gets us pumped up before the show! We have a great spirit backstage with all the girls. We laugh and cheer each other on. It really is like a sisterhood. I practiced my talent a little and I’m off to bed now!

After the show, we all went back to the Radisson Hotel where our family was waiting for us. Each girl gets her own “table” and your committee or family decorates them. It was so fun to see my table. My theme was “Queen of the Jungle!” Everyone who worked on it did a fabulous job. Even Laura, Miss San Jose’s ED pitched in her efforts, too! I had the BEST table of all 55 girls. But, then again, I am a little biased. I feel so loved and so blessed with so much support, I feel like I am beaming so bright NASA might see me from space.

Also, before I head out, a VERY special congratulations to our wonderful preliminary winners from tonight! Brittney Henry won talent with her adorable rendition of “Orange Blossom Special” on the fiddle- what a littler performer this girl is! And Megan Lyne, who looked stunning in a white gown for evening wear. Both very deserving young women! Also, again maybe I am biased but my roomie Summer did wonderful, too, and she must have been a close 2nd! ;)
Stephanie and "her girls": Brittany, me, and Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment