Monday, April 12, 2010

My last day as Miss Silicon Valley 2009

Crowning the new Miss Silicon Valley 2010, Sara RisvoldTeam Harvey: Tricia, Ryan, Grandma Vicki, and Mike

Even on a rainy and stormy Sunday afternoon the 32 contestants in the Miss Silicon Valley and Miss Bay Area Pageant brightened the Oak Grove Theater, in San Jose, with their talent, intelligence and beauty.

Congratulations to:
Sara Risvold, Miss Silicon Valley 2010
Lindsay Becker, Miss Bay Area 2010
Lana Brewster, Miss Northwest California 2010

When it rained, it poured. Sunday’s competition was met with storms, dark clouds, and warm hearts. But nothing could stop those 32 beautiful girls from competing at their best. It had been a while since I had seen such furious rain, too! Those poor Southern California girls must think “Glad I don’t live in THIS kind of weather!?!” Thanks, Mother Nature, for giving us such a great weather reputation with that large of a crowd.

What a fabulous group of girls, whom I am very proud to be a part of!
Life is short. Make lots of funny faces.

There is so much chaos in this picture. I love it.

Sister titleholders: Miss Bay Area & Silicon Valley 2009: Sisters at heart and roomies for life.
Taking an extra minute while on stage to say how fantastic these girls are

I made a comment while on stage regarding the contestants. I said that as I was sitting in the audience on Sunday that was the first time I had seen 99% of the talents. While we had all gotten to know each other backstage and had developed a sense of repore this was the first time I realized how much talent I had been surrounded by. I think it is amazing when you meet a group of women, who at first sight, strike you as average, everyday American girls and then BOOM, they bust out with some INCREDIBLE talent that just blows you away. It was a very amazing time to get to see how sincere, kind, gracious, and thoughtful this group was backstage and then see this whole other side to them while they competed on stage. Ultimately, I did not envy that panel of judges that night. They had a tough decision to make.
Summer and I after intermission
Felicia, Miss Santa Clara, and I
Sarah Salazar, Miss Tustin

Watching the Miss Silicon Valley Competition from the 3rd row!

Me, Bob Arnhym, and Summer Loftis

1 comment:

  1. You are beautiful Jenna. Always remember that the state of California is very a special place and so lucky to have in it such lovely women. These pictures strongly suggest that you did a fine job representing your county in this year's Miss California pageant. Congratulations!

    Brendan Ryan

    The Brendan Ryan Company

    ReplyDelete