Saturday, April 24, 2010

Orientation Eve!

Alas! We're here!

Tonight Lindsay picked me up at the 99 freeway exit by my house and we were on our way to Fresno. We had such a fun time together laughing and reminiscing of all our fun memories. I asked her, “what are you most excited about, and what are you nervous about?” and she gave me one of the best answers I think I have ever heard. She said that she was just excited to be here and to have this opportunity. What a beautiful thing to say! She is right in every way- all that we need to remind ourselves of, is that we are the lucky few who made it this far, so enjoy our time together, seize every opportunity, and love this time because it goes by way too quickly. It doesn't matter that our closets are small, or our drawer space is limited, or other trivial things- what matters is that we are HERE. I'm HERE! I MADE IT! I literally jumped up and down on our bed when we came in. Shhh! Don't tell the front desk. At least this little monkey did not fall off and bonk her head. We were like excited 6 year olds the night before going to Disneyland dreaming of all the exciting events coming up. Lindsay is one of the kindest, sweetest, most genuinely full-of-life, and gracious girls I possibly may have ever met. It was a privilege to ride with her to our way down to our dream weekend.
Salad, anyone? None of us knew exactly how to tackle this thing.

We were starving by the time we got to Fresno, so we joined Marisa Santana and Lana Brewster on an "adventure" to Marie Calendars. I say an "adventure" because I wanted to be spontaneous and didn't want to stop at the front desk to ask where to go. So we took a right turn out of the parking lot and ended up 20 minutes later at Marie Calendars... only to discover it was 5 minutes on the way home. But you know what? Those are the trips that make the best kinds of memories as far as I'm concerned. It's only been a few hours and I feel like I've already found new soul sisters. When we spilled out of Lindsay's Acura into the warm nighttime Fresno air, our tummy's were not only hungry, but aching from laughing so hard the whole time.

Enjoying a delicious dinner at Marie Calendars with Lindsay Becker Miss Bay Area (Left), Marisa Santana Miss South Bay (top right), and Lana Brewster Miss Northwest CA (Right)
When we got back we went down to Mary and Joyce's room to preview some of Marina's potential wardrobe selections... it's a secret but I can vouche, it's all fabulous. After so many hugs and smiles, it's off to bed for me! I'm trying to attack these little keys lightly so I don't disturb my roommates, Lana Brewster, Marina Inserra, and Sara Risvold. I sit here, knowing every reason I need to go to bed, but just so grateful and excited that my brain doesn't want to slow down. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers to have a successful and productive day tomorrow!

As always with love,
Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment