Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Wednesday: BBQs, Ice Cream Socials, and PAM!

Sweetheart class of 2009: It was 7 AM and REALLLLLLY COLD...

Today was a busy day! We left our house at 6:45 AM (keep in mind this meant leaving at 4:45 AM California time!) and we had breakfast at McDonald's. My family and friends can verify that I never eat McDonalds. In fact, this may have been a first for me! We were allowed to order whatever we wanted. I was so impressed with Hoopeston McDonald's level of organization and speed! I was even requested to sign an autograph! A little girl apparently asked, “Is Miss California here?” It made my day!

We were whisked off to Con Agra, where we toured the ONLY factory in the United States that produces Pam Cooking Spray! It was wonderful and I wish I could give more details, but we all signed confidentiality agreements saying we wouldn’t talk about it. Nonetheless, who would have thought Hoopeston (Huupstun) would be the one place in the world where Pam is made?!







We went back to rehearsals and ran through the production and arrangement of top 10. After rehearsals we went to a “Pump” (this is a new term to me) for lunch. BJ’s Pump has SUCH delicious food, so if you are ever in the area I highly suggest going to get a “pickle lettuce” burger (California terms, I now know this means a burger with pickles and lettuce, not some exotic food item of pickled lettuce.)


Later we went shopping and I discovered Wilma’s- every pageant girls dream shop! It’s a store behind Bob and Wilma’s house and it has jewelry, everything rhinestoned and crowns galore, crown bags, purses, sunglasses, MAO logo items, and so much more. I splurged on sunglasses and a pretty pair of earrings. I justified my spending as supporting a local business :)
The sign outside of Bob and Wilma's house!


We later went to Wellington Park where we had a BBQ and Ice Cream Social. It was a wonderful day but I was so glad to get some free time before the big day tomorrow- Interviews! I had a great chat with several of the Lions Club members, and I finally got the chance to hang out with my host family and my little brother and sister, Leevi and Natalee!

Playing in the field with the girls!


Making silly faces.


Walking into the corn!


On a beautiful hill with Miss NY and Miss Oregon


My wonderful host family, Billy, Monica, Leevi, and Natalee.

No comments:

Post a Comment